BREMEN DUI LAWYER - BREMEN DUI ATTORNEY
If you have been charged with DUI in Bremen or anywhere else in Haralson County, call Lawson and Berry now. You have to act fast with DUI cases, or else you could face a driver's license suspension. Our DUI Attorneys in Bremen have over 50 combined years of experience. We know how to make the law work for you instead of against you. Call now for a free case evaluation.
30 Day Warning
After a DUI arrest, you only have 30 days to prevent the automatic suspension of your Georgia driver's license. You can fight the suspension either by requesting an administrative license suspension (ALS) hearing or by installing an ignition interlock device on your vehicle. No decision should be made without first consulting with an experienced Bremen DUI Lawyer.
Common Signs of Intoxication in Bremen DUI Cases
Police officers are always looking for signs of intoxication but especially when you have been pulled over for DUI. Some of the signs officers are looking for include:
- Odor of Alcohol: Officers like to get you talking to try and determine if they can smell alcohol on your breath.
- Speech Issues: From slurred speech to slow verbal responses, your speech pattern can change after you have been drinking. Officers are paying attention to how your words sound and if you are able to comprehend what they are saying.
- Difficulty with Simple Requests: The officer will likely request your license and registration, and they are watching to see if you can follow directions but also how you conduct yourself. They are watching to see if you fumble with your license or if you fall getting out of the car.
- Emotional Responses: While it is normal for people to get emotional when they get pulled over, officers are looking for signs of intoxication such as shouting at people, cursing, or being overly friendly.
Any of these signs can lead an officer to believe you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. However, these are not the only things they are looking for. Officers also consider how you were driving that justified the initial stop.
There are numerous driving behaviors that can indicate the driver is intoxicated. Some of these include:
- Making wide turns
- Difficulty maintaining lane
- Slow driving
- Erratic braking
- Inconsistent signaling
- Delayed responses to traffic signals
- Driving with the headlights turned off
- Almost hitting objects or other cars
- Stopping for no reason
How a Bremen DUI Lawyer Can Help
Even if an officer viewed one or a combination of signs of intoxication, that does not mean your case is over and you should plead guilty! An arrest may look perfectly valid to a layperson, but we often find flaws in the arrest process. There are always Georgia DUI Defenses we can use to fight your case.
We understand that this is an extremely stressful situation, but you must keep in mind that you have the right to defend yourself. By having your arrest details analyzed thoroughly by our Bremen DUI Attorneys, you are taking a huge step in protecting your license, future, and freedom. We will show you all the options available to fight for your case.
Bremen Municipal Court
Bremen Municipal Court handles misdemeanor traffic violations and city ordinance violations that occur within the Bremen city limits. Court is held every third Tuesday of the month at 191 Georgia Avenue N, Bremen, Georgia 30110. Trials are set at a later date. C. David Mecklin, Jr. is the Municipal Court Judge. For more information, call (770) 537-4441.
Map to Bremen Municipal Court
Our Bremen DUI Lawyers believe that one mistake should not follow you for the rest of your life. The time is now to take control of your future and discover the possible outcomes for your case. We are here to help get you started in the right direction by fighting for you! Call now for a free case evaluation.