Georgia DUI Defenses - Georgia DUI Defense
If you have found yourself arrested in Georgia GA and charged with a DUI offense, you need a dedicated Georgia DUI lawyer to help you steer through the process and find the best possible results. Our Georgia DUI attorneys are here to protect your rights and your driving privileges. There are times when people feel that they are able to represent themselves in court on their DUI charges.
Richard Lawson is the most reviewed and highest rated DUI Defense Attorney in Georgia. There is a reason our results are superior. It's our experience and our training. It's also the fact that we care about the well-being of our clients. For more than 25 years, Richard Lawson has defended people charged with DUI in Georgia. Our office reviews can be found on AVVO. Put his experience to work for you today. Our Georgia DUI Attorney and Experts specialize only on Georgia DUI Defense.
There is so much information about Georgia DUI Defense Online - Can I Rely on it?
Do not attempt to research DUI cases and defenses thinking that you are educating yourself. There is a ton of information on the internet, and while some of it may be accurate, some may not be. DUI laws change frequently and what may have been accurate two years ago as posted on a website may no longer be factually true. In addition, even if the information online is accurate, it lacks context and perspective related to your individual case. That is why you need an attorney familiar with the location where you were arrested and the procedures used in that jurisdiction. Just because certain punishments apply to a DUI case does not mean you are facing all of them. In addition, you may have actual defenses to your case. Only a skilled Georgia DUI Lawyer can determine if you have defenses to your Georgia DUI case.
What are the Most Common Defenses to DUI in Georgia?
Also, every DUI case is different and there is no one solution that will apply to all cases. No lawyer or website can accurately advise you without discussing the unique details of your case and history. For these reasons, it is critical that you engage the help of our Georgia DUI lawyers immediately to begin building your defense. Some of the best defenses that our Georgia DUI lawyers use include:
- Was the Georgia DUI officer operating under a valid reason to initiate a stop to begin with?
- If the stop was at a roadblock, did the Georgia officer follow procedure, including: (a) Was there a legitimate purpose such as check for licenses, not general law enforcement? (b) Was each vehicle stopped? (c) Was the roadblock properly marked? (d) Has a police supervisor approved the checkpoint? (e) Was your detention brief and for the correct legal purpose?
- Was the stop a ploy or were you racially profiled?
- Were field sobriety tests executed according to procedure?
- Was the driver properly advised of their implied consent rights about chemical testing?
- Did the Georgia officer say anything inconsistent with implied consent rights?
- Was your vehicle searched? If so, was there probable cause to conduct the search?
- Did the Georgia officer advise the driver of their Miranda rights prior to questioning?
- Did the officer have probable cause to arrest the driver for DUI?
- Was a breath test administered and did the Intox 5000 machine work properly? Was the officer trained in its use?
- If a blood test was done, was there a proper chain of custody for the blood, or could the sample have been replaced with another person's sample?
- If a urine test was done, was there a proper chain of custody for the urine, or could the sample be replaced with another person's sample?
- Did blood or urine tests show prescription drugs, and were drug levels within the therapeutic range or the abusive range?
- Was the client told of their right to an outside breath, blood, or urine test?
- Was the Georgia officer properly trained to make DUI Arrests?
- Did the officer have a disciplinary record? Is this officer still with the force in good standing?
- If the blood or urine test shows the presence of marijuana metabolites, are the metabolites active THC or inactive; in other words, could the marijuana have impacted driving directly?
- If there was an accident, could the other driver(s) have been at fault?
- If there was an accident, could the driver have appeared impaired because of injury or stress from the accident directly?
- Did the airbag deploy in an accident thereby causing the driver to become confused and traumatized?
Contact Us 24 Hours a Day, 7 days a week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
So, as you can see Georgia DUI Defense can be complicated and Georgia DUI Law is not for the amateur or the general practitioner who occasionally handles a DUI case in Georgia. DUI Defense in Georgia should be handled by the Georgia DUI Lawyers who know their business. Our practice exclusively handles only DUI cases. Contact us 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We are here to help you now. Your case will not defend itself. Your best defense begins here.
Georgia DUI Defense
Georgia DUI Defenses
DUI Defense in Georgia
Georgia DUI Defense Lawyer
Georgia DUI Defense Attorney