Rabun County DUI Lawyer - Rabun County DUI Attorney
Rabun County DUI Defense
Rabun County DUI Lawyer Richard Lawson of the Law Office of Richard Lawson is Georgia's top-rated DUI Defense Attorney. Please read the many positive reviews of our office on Avvo and you will see that our results are second to none. If there is a defense in your case, our Rabun County DUI Lawyers will find it. As a former Georgia DUI Prosecutor, Richard Lawson puts over 20 years' experience to work for you every day. Contact us; your best DUI Defense begins here.
If you have been arrested for DUI in Rabun County, you know it is important to hire a Rabun County DUI Lawyer. Our seasoned Rabun County DUI Attorneys are experienced in handling DUI cases in all of the courts of Rabun County. These courts include Probate and Superior Courts of Rabun County.
If you were arrested for DUI in Rabun County, you (or your Rabun County DUI Lawyer) have only thirty days to keep your license from being suspended by filing an Administrative License Suspension (ALS) Hearing or choosing to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle. The filing fee is $150. If an ALS Hearing or interlock device is not requested within the thirty-day timeframe, your license will automatically be suspended. If you refused the breath, blood, or urine test, your license would be suspended for one year with no chance for a permit. Do not wait around for your case to resolve itself; contact a skilled DUI Lawyer in Rabun County to discuss your options today!
Ways to Sabotage Your Rabun County DUI Case
If you have been arrested and charged with DUI in Rabun County, particular behavior and actions can complicate your case by ruining your credibility, reliability, and intent. Doing any of the following activities may negatively affect your Rabun County DUI case:
- Talk about your arrest/case on social media - It is a good idea to avoid discussing your arrest and DUI charges on social media. Nothing will destroy your case quicker than bragging on Facebook or Twitter that you are going to beat your DUI charges because your father knows the judge, the police officer, or some other "reason." Contrary to what most people think, prosecutors can access your social media profiles, even if they are set to "Private" or "Friends Only." Your best bet is to play it safe and do not mention or discuss your DUI arrest on social media.
- Partying hard - Your goal in your life before you go to court should be not to call any attention to yourself. That means to avoid being intoxicated in public or engage in any other activity or behavior that could negatively influence the Court against you. This is especially true in small towns and communities where everyone knows everything about everyone and gossip spreads like wildfire. As difficult as that may be, limit your partying habits until your case is resolved with the help of a Rabun County DUI Attorney.
- Driving while your license is suspended - If you did not request an ALS hearing and your driver's license was suspended; do not, under any circumstances, violate your license suspension by driving. By doing so, you put yourself at risk of a longer license suspension, time in jail, and expensive fines.
- Failing to show up for your court date - If you fail to show up for court for your DUI case on your assigned date, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest. You could spend the remainder of your time left until trial in jail without being able to bond out. Not showing up for court does not look good to the Court and will make it seem as if you do not take your charges/case seriously. It will reflect negatively on you, and if you are arrested in the future, you likely will destroy any chance of leniency.
- Do not hire an attorney - You think you can handle your Rabun County DUI case by yourself, but choosing not to get sound legal advice may put your case in the toilet. Georgia DUI law is quite complicated with its ALS hearings, driving restrictions, court dates, and legal jargon--all of those can be overwhelming for someone who is not an attorney to comprehend. By securing competent legal counsel, you are giving yourself an informed advocate in the courtroom to protect your rights and argue on your behalf. Do you know all there is to know about the evidentiary procedure; and will you know how to object when/if the prosecutor violates it? Do you know how to cross-examine the officer who arrested you and ask them about field sobriety testing procedures and breath tests? It is best to hire a skilled Rabun County DUI Attorney to handle your DUI case. You have too much at stake and representing yourself will more than likely cost you more in the long run.
Throughout Rabun County Georgia, there are several courts including:
Rabun County Superior Court
Rabun County Superior Court is located at 25 Courthouse Square, Suite 105, Clayton, GA 30525. Holly Henry Perry is the Clerk of Superior Court.
Rabun County Superior Court Judges:
Chief Judge Russell W. Smith
Post Office Box 758
Toccoa, GA 30577
B. Chan Caudell
Post Office Box 485
Clarkesville, GA 30523
Call (706) 782-3615 for more information.
Map to Rabun County Superior Court
Rabun County Probate Court
Rabun County Probate Court is located at 25 Courthouse Square, Suite 215, Clayton, GA 30525. The Honorable Lillian W. Garrett is the Probate Judge, Savannah Dixon is the Chief Clerk, and Mitchell Baker is the Solicitor. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. For more information, call (706) 782-3614 for more information.
Map to Rabun County Probate Court
Clayton Municipal Court
Clayton Municipal Court is located at Clayton Municipal Court is located at 99 North Church Street, Clayton, GA 30525. The Honorable Robert Sneed is the Municipal Court Judge, the Chief Clerk is Kessiah Gipson, and the City Solicitor is Mitchell Baker. Call (706) 782-2181 for more information.
Map to Clayton Municipal Court
Dillard Municipal Court
Dillard Municipal Court is located at 892 Franklin Street, Dillard, GA 30537. The Honorable Robert Sneed is the Municipal Court Judge, and Samantha Owens is the Chief Clerk. Call (706) 746-5891 for more information.
Map to Dillard Municipal Court
Mountain City Municipal Court
Mountain City Municipal Court is located at 102 Dotson Street, Mountain City, GA 30562. The Honorable Robert Sneed is the Municipal Court Judge, and William Rudolph Fountain is the Chief Clerk. Call (706) 746-2621 for more information.
Map to Mountain City Municipal Court
Sky Valley Municipal Court
Sky Valley Municipal Court is located at 3444 Highway 246, Dillard, GA 30537. The Honorable Robert Sneed is the Municipal Court Judge, and Alyssa Mullins is the Chief Clerk. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Call (706) 746-2204 for more information.
Map to Sky Valley Municipal Court
Tallulah Falls Municipal Court
Tallulah Falls Municipal Court is located at 255 Main Street, Tallulah Falls, GA 30573. The Honorable Robert Sneed is the Municipal Court Judge, and Marcia McKean is the Chief Clerk. Call (706) 754-6040 for more information.
Map to Tallulah Falls Municipal Court
Our Experience is the Difference
Rabun County DUI Attorney Richard Lawson started his career as a DUI Prosecutor in North Georgia. He prosecuted cases throughout North Georgia and learned both sides of a DUI Case. He was trained by the same people who are prosecuting your case. Our experience will make all the difference in your case.
DUI is a serious criminal offense. A DUI Lawyer in Rabun County can assess your case for defenses. You are not automatically guilty of DUI just because you have been arrested. You have choices, and you have defenses. A DUI Attorney in Rabun County is uniquely qualified to investigate your case and find substantial legal arguments.
It is important to hire a lawyer that is familiar with the court, the prosecutors, and the judges. Richard Lawson started his career as a North Georgia Prosecutor. For more than 20 years, he has defended the rights of those charged with DUI throughout North Georgia and in Rabun County Georgia.
Act Now to Protect Your Rights
Contact the Law Office of Richard Lawson of Richard Lawson today to speak with a Rabun County DUI Attorney to learn about your options. A DUI arrest does not make you guilty.
Rabun County DUI Resources