Flowery Branch DUI Lawyer - Flowery Branch DUI Attorney
Flowery Branch DUI Defense
If you were arrested for DUI in Flowery Branch, Georgia, you are probably overwhelmed, confused, and afraid for your future. Georgia's DUI laws are stringent, and punishments can be severe. Our Flowery Branch DUI Attorneys are committed to assisting you when you need help the most. We are the top-rated and most reviewed DUI Lawyers in Flowery Branch. Our reviews can be found on Avvo.
You are probably worried about spending time in jail and paying hefty fines. You could also be concerned about losing your driver's license and not having a way to get to work or school. Hiring a DUI Attorney in Flowery Branch is the first step in easing your worries.
WE CAREFULLY EVALUATE YOUR CASE
We understand that being arrested is a harrowing ordeal. At all times, we strive to treat each with compassion and empathy as we discuss your case and the circumstances surrounding your arrest. We will help you put your life back together. Your best defense starts with filing your 30-day letter to protect your right to drive.
WE DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS
Every individual has certain rights under the U.S. Constitution and the Georgia Constitution. An arrest does not force you to relinquish those rights; in fact, it could be said that these rights are most important when a person is arrested.
Our attorneys know how to analyze every detail of the case to determine whether your rights were violated during your arrest. Perhaps your arresting officer wrongfully pulled you over. Perhaps he or she made a mistake during the administration of field sobriety testing. Perhaps he or she lacked probable cause for an arrest. Perhaps the breath test machine produced an inaccurate reading.
When you choose the Law Offices of Richard Lawson, you get the skill and expertise of Flowery Branch DUI Lawyers who vigorously defend their clients' rights. Our Flowery Branch attorneys will take time to listen to you and your concerns and help craft a compelling case.
LEGAL ASSISTANCE FROM A FLOWERY BRANCH DUI ATTORNEY
Of course, you have many questions and concerns regarding your DUI arrest. We understand because a DUI is a serious matter with potentially severe consequences. Our attorneys have the expertise and know-how to assist you when you have been arrested and charged with DUI, even if you have had previous DUI arrests.
DO NOT WASTE TIME – 30-Day Warning
If you were arrested for DUI in Flowery Branch, Georgia, call a Flowery Branch DUI lawyer as soon as you are able. Delaying can cause you to go to jail, pay expensive fines, and lose your driver's license. You only have thirty days to appeal the suspension of your driver's license. Our Flowery Branch DUI Lawyers will file that appeal for you. The State of Georgia charges a $150 filing fee in order to appeal the suspension of your driver's license.
FLOWERY BRANCH GEORGIA DUI DEFENSE
You know you need to fight your DUI charges, but you probably have no idea where to begin. That is where we come in. There are several potential DUI defense strategies that may be employed to show deficiencies in the case against you. A successful defense will keep your rights and freedom protected. Common DUI defenses include:
- You Were Pulled Over for No Reason: Police must have a legal reason to stop your car or pull you over to examine you or request that you participate in field sobriety testing. If they do not have “reasonable suspicion” that they can specifically articulate, this could be a defense used in your case.
- The Officer Lacked Probable Cause: An officer must have probable cause to believe that you are driving under the influence before he can place you under arrest and request that you submit to chemical testing. You are always innocent until proven guilty.
- Challenging the Breathalyzer: Testing over the legal limit of 0.08 does not necessarily equal a conviction. Breath tests may be inaccurate for many reasons. An unskilled or untrained officer may also administer the test incorrectly, leading to a false positive. The Intoxilyzer may also be improperly calibrated or inadequately serviced.
- Failed Field Sobriety Tests: Just because you failed a field sobriety test does not mean a DUI conviction. It is possible that a number of things could have contributed to your failure of the test(s). Also, such tests are subject to improper interpretation.
- Police Report Inaccuracies: Police reports sometimes leave out crucial information, or contain mistakes or inconsistencies. Presenting these in court can build a strong defense.
- Negotiating a Plea Bargain: If the prosector's case is convincing, you could cut a deal that would reduce your DUI charge the lesser charge of reckless driving. At a minimum, our Flowery Branch DUI Attorneys will seek a reduced punishment for the DUI.
PENALTIES FOR GA DUI
DUI penalties in Flowery Branch, Georgia will depend on the circumstances of your arrest. The penalties can be worse if there are previous convictions. Penalties include:
- Loss of Driver's License: Losing your driver's license is the most common DUI punishment. You probably have many questions about how to get your license reinstated after getting a DUI. Please see our frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information regarding license reinstatement.
- DUI Fines: If convicted of DUI, fines can end up being thousands of dollars, which can result in debt and financial difficulty. Most drivers cannot afford to be convicted of DUI.
- Community Service: Upon conviction, the judge will most likely order that community service is completed with a non-profit organization.
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device: The judge could require you to install a car ignition interlock device as part of your punishment for DUI. This is most common when an individual has one or more prior DUI convictions.
- Insurance Consequences: Your insurance company will more than likely see you as a high risk after a DUI conviction. You will see an increase in insurance premiums and, as a result, possible cancellation of your policy. If you drive a company vehicle as part of your job, getting a DUI could be the cause for termination. If you are applying for a job that requires you to drive a company vehicle, you might not be considered for employment.
Hiring an experienced, skilled DUI Attorney in Flowery Branch could make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
THE COURT PROCESS IN FLOWERY BRANCH GEORGIA
The court system in Georgia is confusing and complicated. Which court should you go to? Which court your case would go to depends on the location of your arrest, the type of case, and where your case is in the court process.
Flowery Branch Municipal Court
If you were arrested inside the city limits of Flowery Branch, your case would be heard by the Municipal Court of Flowery Branch. The Honorable Michelle Hall is the judge; Chief Clerk is Debra Culberson; Solicitor is William Hollingsworth. Court is held at Flowery Branch City Hall at 5517 Main Street, Flowery Branch, GA, 30542 one to two times a month as needed. The usual start time is 6 pm. The phone number is (770) 967-6336.
Map to Flowery Branch Municipal Court:
Hall County GA State Court - Hall County GA Superior Court
If you would like a trial by jury, your case will move to Hall County State Court; municipal courts in Georgia do not conduct jury trials.
If your DUI arrest was not within the city limits or was in an unincorporated area in Hall County, your case will also be heard in Hall County State Court. If you were charged with felony DUI in Hall County, your case would be processed in Hall County Superior Court. Superior Court has jurisdiction over felony cases and charges. The address for Hall County State Court and Hall County Superior Court is 225 Green SE, Gainesville, Georgia 30501. Contact a seasoned Hall County DUI Lawyer to assist you with your case as soon as possible.
Our Flowery Branch DUI attorneys know the court system in Hall County and its municipalities well and can put that knowledge to work for your defense. Call a Hall County DUI Lawyer from our office if charged with DUI in Hal County.
Map to Hall County State Court - Map to Hall County Superior Court:
YOU HAVE ONLY THIRTY DAYS TO KEEP YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE FROM AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION!
In Georgia, the Department of Driver Services (DDS) will suspend your driver's license automatically once they receive information regarding your DUI arrest. The hearing request must be filed within thirty days to avoid this suspension. Your Flowery Branch DUI Lawyer will take care of your court case AND your driver's license (ALS) hearing. We will make a request for the ALS hearing right away, so you may potentially avoid a driver's license suspension. If a hearing is not requested, you could receive up to a 12-month license suspension. There is a $150 filing fee associated with the request for the hearing.
Top-Rated Flowery Branch DUI Defense:
Richard Lawson's legal career began over twenty years ago as a DUI prosecutor. He now only represents individuals who have been charged with DUI and DUI-related offenses. His experience, knowledge, and commitment to his clients are just what is needed to achieve the best outcome for your DUI case. He is the top-rated DUI Defense Attorney in Georgia. His reviews can be found on Avvo.
Have You Been Arrested For DUI in Flowery Branch Georgia?
If you were arrested and charged with DUI in the city of Flowery Branch, Georgia, contact the most-reviewed Flowery Branch DUI Lawyers. At the Law Office of Richard Lawson, you will receive a free, no-hassle consultation with an experienced Flowery Branch DUI Attorney to discuss your case. We are available for taking your call 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Do not trust your case to a lawyer who is a “general practitioner.” Only specialized, experienced DUI attorneys know and keep up with Georgia's ever-changing DUI laws. A top-rated Flowery Branch DUI Attorney is just a phone call away. Do not wait; your case will not resolve itself!
Flowery Branch DUI Resources: