Chattahoochee Hills DUI Lawyer - Chattahoochee Hills DUI Attorney
Chattahoochee Hills DUI Defense
If you have been arrested for DUI in Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia, you are probably feeling scared, confused, and overwhelmed. All of that is understandable, since Georgia's DUI laws are very strict, and punishments can be severe. Our Chattahoochee Hills DUI Lawyers are dedicated to helping you when you need it most.
You might be concerned about paying heavy fines or even spending time in jail. You will most likely be worried about losing your driving privileges and therefore not having a way to get to and from your job.
CAREFULLY EVALUATING YOUR CASE
After the frightening ordeal of your arrest, you need someone that is on your side to help you sort things out and put the pieces of your life back together. When you speak with one of our attorneys during a free consultation, you will find a compassionate, empathetic listener who is ready to evaluate your case and the circumstances that surrounded your arrest.
DEFENDING YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights under the law concerning your arrest and finding an attorney that will put together a team of experts to analyze the particulars of your case is crucial. An evaluation of even the smallest details of your arrest can help you reach the best outcome in your case.
Is it possible that law enforcement wrongfully stopped you, or field sobriety tests or chemical tests were improperly administered? Your blood alcohol content (BAC) could have been wrong due to many different reasons. Police reports can also contain many errors that could assist in your defense.
When you choose the Law Offices of Richard Lawson, you are getting the skill and experience of Chattahoochee Hills DUI Lawyers that have a proven track record of successful representation. With our office, our Chattahoochee Hills DUI Attorneys will take the time to listen to you and help create an effective defense.
LEGAL HELP FROM A CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS DUI ATTORNEY
You probably have many questions and concerns about your DUI arrest. We understand, considering the severity of Georgia DUI punishments. Our attorneys have the expertise and skills necessary to help you when you have been charged with DUI; even if it is not your first.
If you were arrested for DUI in Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia, contact Chattahoochee Hills DUI Lawyer as soon as possible. Not doing so can result in jail time, hefty fines, loss of your driver's license and more.
CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS GEORGIA DUI DEFENSE
You want to fight the charge of DUI, but you might not know how to start the process. That is understandable, because DUI charges can be quite complex. There are many possible DUI defense strategies that may be used to find weaknesses in the case against you. A defense that is successful can keep your rights from being violated and from losing your freedom. Some common DUI defenses are:
- You were wrongfully pulled over: Law enforcement must have a LAWFUL reason to pull you over to test you (by chemical means or through field sobriety testing). If police did not stop you for probable cause, this could be used as a valid defense in your DUI case. Probable cause that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs has to be found before law enforcement can make you submit to chemical testing. You are innocent until proven guilty. The Constitution of the United States protects many freedoms, such as the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure. This freedom is protected by the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution and the Georgia Constitution, which offers even greater protections.
- Breathalyzer Challenges: Just because you failed a Breathalyzer test does not mean you are guilty. Breathalyzer tests can be inaccurate for many reasons, especially if they are administered incorrectly.
- Challenging Field Sobriety Tests: Failing a field sobriety test does not mean you will be convicted of DUI. There could be a number of factors that contributed to your failure of the test(s), and they can assist in defending your case.
- Inaccuracies in the Police Report: Police reports may omit important information, contain errors and inconsistencies. Pointing these out can build a foundation for a strong defense.
- Plea Bargain Negotiation: With a strong defense, you could negotiate a favorable plea bargain that can reduce your DUI charge to a lesser charge of reckless driving.
DUI penalties in Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia will depend largely on the circumstances of your arrest. Judges often have broad discretion to hand down DUI penalties as they feel are warranted. Those penalties can be more severe if there are later convictions. Some penalties that cause concern are:
- Losing Your Driver's License: This is the most common of DUI punishments. You may have many questions regarding how to get your license reinstated after being arrested for DUI. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for more information.
- DUI Fines: Fines for a DUI conviction can be in the thousands of dollars, resulting in financial hardship and debt. In most cases, drivers are not able to afford to be convicted of DUI.
- Ignition Interlock Device: You could be ordered to install an ignition interlock device on your car as part of your punishment for DUI. Generally this applies in second or more offenses.
- Insurance Consequences: You will experience an increase in premiums and possible cancelation of your car insurance as a result of a DUI, as you will be considered a high risk. If driving a company vehicle is part of your job, a DUI could be grounds for termination. If you apply for a job that requires you to drive a company car, you may not even be considered for employment.
THE COURT PROCESS IN CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS GEORGIA
Georgia's court system is complex and quite confusing. Knowing which court you should go to depends on where your arrest occurred, the type of case, and where you are in the court process.
In Chattahoochee Hills, if you were arrested within the city limits, your case will be heard by the Chattahoochee Hills Municipal Court. The Honorable Jim Barfield is the Chief Judge and Cindy Hanson is the Municipal Court Clerk. The court address is 6505 Rico Road, Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia 30268. The phone number is 770-463-6572, and the hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 am–5:30 pm.
Map To Chattahoochee Hills Municipal Court:
If you want a jury trial, your case will be transferred to Fulton County State Court as Georgia municipal courts do not conduct trials by jury.
If you were arrested outside of the city limits or in an unincorporated area of Fulton County, your case would be heard in Fulton County State Court. If you have been charged with felony DUI in Fulton County, you will go to Fulton County Superior Court as that is the court with jurisdiction over felony charges and cases.
YOU ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS TO ACT OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED AUTOMATICALLY!
In the State of Georgia, the Department of Driver Services will automatically suspend your driver's license once they receive notice of your DUI arrest. You only have thirty days to file a request for a hearing to avoid a suspension. Our office will manage your court case as well as your driver's license hearing. We will request an Administrative License Suspension hearing or an ALS hearing immediately so you can potentially avoid the license suspension. If you do not request a hearing, you are facing up to a 12-month license suspension.
Richard Lawson began his career as a DUI prosecutor over twenty five years ago, and now exclusively represents those charged with DUI. He has the knowledge, training, experience and dedication needed to get the best outcome in your case. He is the top-rated and most reviewed Chattahoochee Hills DUI Attorney. His reviews can be found on Avvo.
Have You Been Arrested for DUI in Chattahoochee Hills Georgia?
If you have been arrested for DUI in Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia, call the top-rated DUI Defense firm in Georgia. The Law Offices of Richard Lawson offers a free consultation and a 24-hour a day, seven days a week hotline for you to call and discuss the details of your case. We have DUI Lawyers in Chattahoochee Hills ready to help you anytime, day or night.
Chattahoochee Hills DUI Resources: