Have You Been Arrested for DUI in Atlanta Georgia?
This past weekend has an inordinate number of people arrested for DUI in Atlanta. I have no idea the actual numbers, but if the number of calls to my office, many people were arrested. It is important to remember some of the things that are important to remember about the Atlanta Municipal Court and how an Atlanta DUI Lawyer can help.
The Facts That Apply To DUI Cases in Atlanta:
- If you are arrested in Atlanta on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you are likely to have court first thing Monday morning. If you hire an Atlanta DUI Attorney, you can be excused from your first appearance.
- At your first Atlanta Arraignment at 60 day clock starts to resolve your case or set your case for trial. Trial can be in Atlanta Municipal Court or a Jury Trial in Fulton County State Court.
- The 60 day clock is real. It's the result of an effort to close the backlog of Atlanta DUI cases that occurred over the past 3-4 years.
- It takes 45 days (at least) for the prosecutors in Atlanta to respond to discovery requests and to provide the video. As a result, it's imperative to hire the best Atlanta DUI Lawyers as soon as possible. Having Atlanta DUI Lawyers is the single most important thing you can do to help you in your case.
- The best Atlanta DUI Attorneys can make the majority of appearances except for your final appearance in court or your trial.
- There are many potential defenses to your Atlanta DUI Case; your Atlanta DUI Attorney will help discover what defenses are applicable in your case.
- Many cases have to be sent to the State Court of Fulton County for trial. There are no jury trials in Atlanta Municipal Court.
- It is possible, the facts and law warrant, to your Atlanta DUI Case reduced to reckless driving.
- Like all DUI Cases in Georgia, you only have 10 days to file for an ALS Hearing, your license will be suspended. Your Atlanta DUI Attorney will file it for you.
There is always hope. Don't give up.