With summer approaching and school coming to an end, this is a good time to remember to use common sense when having a good time.
Remember, the Georgia State Patrol and local law enforcement increase their patrols during the summertime. With increased enforcement comes a greater chance someone will be charged with a DUI.
With ride-sharing services becoming more and more popular, along with the traditionally used designated driver, there is no reason anyone should be charged with a DUI in Georgia.
Tips For Responsible Use of Alcohol:
- Choose a reliable designated driver
- Use public transportation
- Call a ride-sharing service
- Give up your keys if you are tempted to drive
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages early to give yourself time to sober up
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume food while drinking
- Ask someone to an accountability partner to let you know if you appear to be under the influence.
- Arrange for overnight accommodations when you plan to drink
- Make sure that guests in your home make good choices, and offer people a place to stay while sobering up.
What to do if you are Arrested for a DUI?
If you are arrested for a DUI in Georgia, contact our offices immediately. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week because we understand that DUI's do not always happen during regular working hours. From your first call to us, we can give you advice and potential options.
We want you to take full advantage of all the fun events Georgia has to offer this summer, but we hope you do it safely. As Chief Judge Christopher Ward, of the Atlanta Municipal Court, tells people every day, ‘if you avoid drinking and driving, you may save a life, including your own.'
If you have made a mistake, we are still here to help you! Our office is the Top-Rated Georgia DUI Defense Firm, and our attorneys have decades of experience. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.