In today's post, I will outline the most common ways to fight a DUI in Georgia otherwise known as Georgia DUI Defenses.
DUI Defenses in Georgia
The following list is where we typically start in a Georgia DUI Case in order to determine how to best defend against the DUI charge.
- Was there a valid reason to initiate the original traffic stop?
- Were the Georgia Field Sobriety Tests conducted appropriately and according to procedure?
- Were you properly read your correct Georgia Implied Consent Notice?
- Was the arresting officer properly trained to make DUI arrests?
- Was the DUI a result of a Georgia Roadblock and did the officers follow proper procedure?
- Did the officer have probable cause to arrest the driver for DUI?
- Was a breath test administered?
- Did the machine work properly?
- Was the driver informed of their right to an outside chemical sobriety test?
- Does the officer have a disciplinary record?
Now, I did not write this list in an attempt to show people how to defend themselves in their own case. In no way do I think anyone should represent themselves.
Georgia DUI Laws are complicated and should be interpreted and defended by someone who specializes in Georgia DUI Law and Defense. The reality is that a general practitioner will not understand the different details behind Georgia DUI Penalties.
Again, the purpose of today's post is not to encourage anyone to defend themselves. It is merely to show a part of the complicated process that a Georgia DUI Attorney uses in order to defend against a DUI charge.
If you or a loved one has been arrested for DUI in Georgia, contact our offices today.