As a Georgia DUI Lawyer, I get a lot of calls from people that have been arrested for DUI in Georgia. For most people, getting arrested for DUI is the worst thing that has ever happened for them. An arrest can be overwhelming and embarrassing. This is where we come in.
One of the most common questions is, “Do you think I have a case?” or “Do you think my case is hopeless?”
First of all, no case is hopeless. There is always something that can be done to mitigate Georgia DUI Penalties.
In today's post, I will outline the questions we typically start asking the moment we start representing a client and get the information from their arrest.
Georgia DUI Defenses
- Was there a valid reason for the original traffic stop?
- Were the Georgia Field Sobriety Tests conducted appropriately and according to procedure?
- Were you properly read your correct Georgia Implied Consent Notice?
- Was the arresting officer properly trained to make DUI arrests?
- Was the DUI a result of a roadblock and did the officers follow proper procedure?
- Was the vehicle searched? Was there probably cause to conduct that search?
- Did the officer have probable cause to arrest the driver for DUI?
- Was a breath test administered? Did the machine work properly?
- Was the driver informed of their right to an outside chemical sobriety test?
- Does the officer have a disciplinary record?
Georgia DUI Defenses can either completely defend a case or at the very least mitigate the penalties that can come as a result of a DUI conviction. Penalties for a DUI conviction in Georgia include:
- Jail time
- Community service
- Substance abuse counseling
- DUI School
- Victim Impact Panels
- License Suspension
If you or a loved one has been arrested for DUI in Georgia, contact our offices today. A Georgia DUI Attorney can help you with your case.