As a Georgia DUI Lawyer, I speak with many individuals arrested for DUI in Georgia on a daily basis. DUI laws in the state of Georgia are some of the strictest DUI laws in the country. We do not have a “less serious” DUI offense, and therefore all DUI charges could result in the same very strict Georgia DUI Penalties.
Many times when a person is arrested for driving under the influence, he or she believes that his or her case is hopeless, and that there is no point in hiring representation. This could not be farther from the truth.
In today's post I will outline some of the most common Georgia DUI Defenses so that you can see just how often a DUI case can be successfully defended.
Georgia DUI Defenses
Below I have outlined some of the first questions I ask when someone has been charged with DUI. The answers to these questions lead to valid Georgia DUI Defenses that could result in lesser charges such as reckless driving in Georgia or a complete dismissal of the case.
- Did the officer have a valid reason to initiate a stop to begin with?
- Was the stop the result of a roadblock, and if so, did the Georgia officer follow the proper legal procedure?
- Were there field sobriety tests conducted, and if so, were they conducted according to proper legal procedure?
- Was the driver properly and legally advised of their implied consent rights?
- Was the vehicle searched, and if so was the search lawfully conducted?
- Did the officer have probable cause to arrest the driver for DUI?
- Was a breath test administered, and if so was the machine working properly?
- Was a blood test administered, and if so was it lawfully conducted?
- Did blood or urine tests show prescription drugs, and were drug levels within the therapeutic range or the abusive range?
- Was the client told of their right to a private chemical test?
- Was the officer properly trained to make DUI Arrests?
- Did the officer have a disciplinary record?
- Was there an accident, and if so, were there other drivers at fault?
Again, these are just a few of the questions I ask once someone explains to me their arrest for DUI. If you or a loved one has been arrested, please contact our offices today.
A Georgia DUI Attorney can do much more for you than you may think. We know that every single DUI case is different, and that there is no “fix it all” solution that can apply to each case. We can discuss the details of your case and determine which route to go. Call us now.